The Crocodile Specialist Group (CSG), Texas Tech University (TTU), the Savannah River Ecology Lab (SREL), La Autoridad Nacional del Ambiente de Panamá (ANAM) and the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI) are pleased to announce and invite you to participate in the Third International Workshop on Crocodilian Genetics and Genomics, to be held at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama City, Republic of Panama April 13-15, 2007.
- Systematics and evolution of the Crocodilia
- Use of nuclear genes vs. mitochondrial genes in Crocodilian studies
- Population genetic analyses of Crocodilians
- Genomic studies
- Gene expression studies and immunity systems of Crocodilians
- Crocodilian conservation biology and management efforts
- The skin industry
There will be several invited talks, but we would very much like interested participants to present their research in a regular 30 minute per talk session. There will also be a poster session, which may be more appropriate for some of the students that attend the meeting and would also like to present their results.
Although the physical location of the meeting in Panama will facilitate participation by researchers from the Caribbean (including Cuba), as well as South, Central and North America, we anticipate workshop attendees to come from around the World.